Tuesday, April 28, 2009











The way I am most comfortable working is slow, and methodical, paying great attention to detail. I can not help but be

influenced by what I believe to be the simplest yet most profound details in a photograph: the surrounding color and/or texture.

This series, focuses on these two stylistic details and looks at how the two impact one another, specifically on natural objects

and happened upon set ups. I am particularly drawn to natural objects and not interested in constructing a scene because I

hope to capture the charm and beauty that is often not recognized if not looked for, both outside and in my very own home.

To keep the focus on color and texture I use a shallow depth of field which allows my audience to both explore my surfaces

as well as not be distracted by potential background objects. Where ever I walk or pass by I can not help but take notice to

small bursts of color and texture combinations that exist all around us, but generally are not appreciated in the hustle of every

day life... I am naturally drawn to color and the surface qualities of objects around me. Even though this project specifically and

very directly portrays what I personally see in my surroundings I believe that it can speak to many as the images contain a surreal and dream-like quality that one can get lost in and create their own story and related to their own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment